Online poker is fast becoming a replacement for the physical version of the game. As a result of the emergence of online casinos and their fast gaining popularity among netizens, online poker is now celebrated among gamblers all over the world. Let us take a look at what poker is all about and how you can get the most out of this game.
What Online Poker is all about
Online poker is the version of the poker that is played at online casinos as opposed to land based casinos. You can play online versions of poker when you are using a computer or a mobile device to play the game, as opposed to using real playing cards and the real poker chips that you can touch and feel. All other aspects and rules of the game remain the same, except that you will also have a virtual dealer involved in the game. As a result of the online version of the game, you have certain advantages when you play Online poker.
Benefits of playing Online Poker
· When you play poker online, you can play it right from your home, so that you never have to go outside. That means that you can play it whenever you want without having to worry about travelling to the casino or paying for your stay there.
· Online poker lets you meet global players that you may never have had a chance to meet otherwise, as they are all available online
· The jackpot amount at an online casino can be bigger mainly because they save on overhead costs of the sort that a physical casino pays
· Poker online comes in all of the variants of the game, and there’s no dearth of the different kinds of games that you can play online
o Texas Hold ‘Em: This is easily the most widely played version of the game out there. You can play the game by making a winning hand out of a five hand deck that beats the other players at your table.
o Omaha: Omaha poker is a variant of the popular Texas Hold Em game where you have to again make the best hand that is available to you out of a five hand set of cards that consist of four hole cards and five community cards that are dealt to players.
o 7-Card Stud: Here, you have seven cards that are dealt to each of the players at a table and they need to make the five card hand out of these cards
o 5-Card Draw: Here, you have to use five cards that are dealt to you to make the best hand. The nice thing about this variant of the game is that you can exchange three of these cards in your first wagering round.
· The dealer in an online game is the computer, which means that there is no chance of cheating or of not getting the money that you deserve through dealer error